Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Letter to Huggies

Dear Huggies,

In most of your commercials, you show how absorbant your diapers are by pouring blue liquid in them. I suppose this works well for parents whose children pee blue liquid, but I expect my son to pee regular pee. What is that blue liquid? Is it alien pee? I heard that you can buy pills from drug stores that turn your pee different colors - is that what you did? If so, is it a safe process? If, in fact, the blue liquid is not pee, is it's chemical construction similar to pee? Did you ever consider just showing real pee? Please respond, as I think all this information is very relevant to my diaper buying decisions in the future.

Sincerely,
Nick Tully


-----------------------------------


Dear Nick,

Thanks for your e-mail to Kimberly-Clark about HUGGIES® diapers.

In regards to your inquiry, blue liquid is commonly used in television advertising of absorbent products because consumers may be offended by the use of real bodily fluids.

Thanks again for your e-mail.

Sue
Consumer Services
Kimberly-Clark Corp.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

King George's urine was green. I'm sure the blue liquid is at least mildly offensive to him. Sure, monarchs are a minority, but they should still be considered.